Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Luther Rivalry

I have two cousins in my family that I look up to more than anyone else. Jeff Sansgaard and Andy Jolivette are my two favorite cousins, and are great guys that I have looked up to my whole life. They each went to Luther where Andy played basketball and Jeff played football for the Norse. I always thought I would go to Luther, but then I looked at Wartburg and for a while it was a tight race between the two schools. Obviously I chose Wartburg, so that didn't go over very well with Andy or Jeff. I never thought that I would end up hating Luther, a college that I respect and admire because of my cousins. The bitter dislike started for me at the IIAC Cross Country Championships this fall at Wartburg when Luther pretty much swept the conference race and blew out everyone else. It made me sick watching the blue and white uniforms standing on the podium and it only got worse when the chanting of Lu-Lu-Lu-Luther started up. I have now made bets with my cousins on Wartburg-Luther games and fortunately I won because we beat Luther in football. As a result of that game, Jeff has to wear a Wartburg shirt at Christmas and I will also provide him a sheet of music with Wartburg's fight song to sing before the table prayer at Christmas dinner :) I think this might be one of the best Christmas gatherings for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment