Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Psychological Run

Today I went on a run that could possibly be the most taxing run on my mind that I have ever gone on. Many thoughts ran through my head, and more than often we were stopped and had to start up again along the way. We started off at my high school in Garner, and ran our way through town. It was really cold out and very taxing on my legs, as I was wearing shorts. I was running with my buddy Tyler and my brother Michael, both of who I respect as runners. Anyway, we ran through a part of town that is fairly new and dogs began to chase us! We slowed down and stopped and let the dogs sniff us for a while before their owner came out to talk to us for a while. We started up again just ten minutes into our run and continued our way through town for about 15 more minutes during which my brother got sick and had to turn around. Tyler and me then turned and ran down a very long road that is just straight out and back. There's something about running on a road that doesn't end for miles and is nothing but empty corn fields that is eerie. Not a scary eerie, the kind of eerie that you feel as if there is more to this life than you think. Seeing endless land just laying out before you makes one think of a more omnipresent presence out there. I like to think of it as a psychological run with God. An endless stretch of road where it is you, running, and a higher presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment