Sunday, November 1, 2009

Schoolwork

These past four days of Fall Break were very entertaining. I played a lot of table tennis, I had cross country practice every day, I watched many movies, went out to eat, met up with some high school friends, and even attended a couple of parties at night. All of that said, I did not do as much school work as I would have liked to... So I am fulfilling my day of rest with homework. God would not approve... Setting all jokes aside, I think I may have learned an important lesson here. School work should come before having fun at school's expense. I have a lot of money invested in my college education and thus should treat it importantly. My family has expectations for me; I have expectations for me. I realize that yes, I will probably get all of my homework done on this Sunday, but I feel rushed and stressed. I could have done a little bit at a time and been stress free on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, where now I am frantically writing papers and scribbling on note cards. In high school I could get away with zero work ethic and an excellent memory. College has taken my work load to the next level. I am having fun with my classes, but they are a lot of work. I think that I learn the value of work ethic when it comes back and bites me in the butt, not the way to learn a lesson. Even though I am sitting in my dorm studying frantically on the sabbath day, I know that I will try better next time to fulfill my duty as a Wartburg knight to put school before my fun time.

1 comment:

  1. I think I had an Easter break once (sophomore year) where I stayed at college to get work done instead of heading home.

    ReplyDelete