Wednesday, November 11, 2009

End of State of Fear

I just finished up State of Fear by Michael Crichton and loved it! What an excellent choice for a book about global warming, Mrs. Wright. What interested me the most was that Crichton used this book to express his opinions on global warming, his opinion being that he didn't really think that it was a major issue. I never thought that I would hear the day that I didn't think global warming was an issue anymore. That just doesn't sound like me! I wish I could be more environmentalist, but I'm kind of lazy and am just too busy all the time (sounds like a lot of bad excuses doesn't it...) Anyway, now that both sides of the issue have entered and gone through my brain analysis I have come to the conclusion that whatever Crichton says, I will believe. Haha! I have just come to respect Michael Crichton so much while reading his novels that his ideas just catch me and drag me along for the ride! For example, the ending of State of Fear really struck me that we need more groups to help support the impoverished people of the world and help give them food to stave off starvation. I believe there are bigger issues to address than global warming since all global warming is is a THEORY. State of Fear has drastically changed me outlook on global warming and in turn has made me more educated in this field of science. Thank you Michael Crichton.

No comments:

Post a Comment