Monday, November 2, 2009

My new Sport: Tennis.

I have recently fallen in love with the sport of tennis. I guess you could say that making friends with a tennis player probably made an impact on my acceptance of a sport that I am not very good at. I have always been a fan of watching tennis, but have never really taken up the sport as a hobby or for competitive play. Then I met Josh Trueblood. Josh is an avid tennis player and is on the cross country and tennis teams here at Wartburg. I met Josh as cross country camp and we soon became very good friends. He introduced me to the sport he loves to play and now I feel as if I could match his enthusiasm for the sport! Maybe not quite, but I now have a favorite tennis player, Rafael Nadal! So far I have played four or five pick up games of tennis at the courts here on campus and have throuhougly gotten beat by Josh. I keep a positive attitude though and feel that I am improving with every swing of the racket. I may even buy my own racket one day, but right now money is hard to come by... I wonder why? Anyhow, I now find myself reading the New York Times to catch up on tennis news and action and am sometimes even on youtube watching famous tennis matches. I do have a table tennis table at my house back in Garner, and frequently play that, but tennis itself is very tiresome and a good workout. Who knew that this sport would be so much fun! And I even gained a friend out of the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment