Monday, November 9, 2009

Hot Topic

I recently went to the Cedar Falls mall and entered a store called Hot Topic. My friend Josh Trueblood had a bad attitude upon entering the store, and in fact I had a bad attitude towards the store as well. We were looking for cool shirts that we could wear, shirts with bands such as RA RA RIOT and Band of Horses. Upon entering the store we were overwhelmed with New Moon accessories. That is really scary situation to be in when you are a good looking college guy. Teenage girls everywhere garbed in black shirts and black eye liner and goggling over everything with New Moon printed on it. We immediatly shot to the back of the store and found our shirts, but being poor college students we quickly decided that $20 was too much to spend on a shirt. I guess the moral of this story is that the store Hot Topic can be considered a hot and cold shopping event, one never knows what may jump out at them while in the store. There are really cool shirts with many neat bands, and then there are really weird accessories that make me flinch to look at. The whole shopping experience at a mall can be satisfying and an opportunity to learn what stores describe you. I would describe myself a Gap/Old Navy type of guy because I can be very stylish, while saving money at the same time!

1 comment: