Sunday, November 29, 2009

Faith and Wartburg

This blog is in regard to our discussion about faith on Wednesday.

I really enjoyed watching the Lutheran Song on Youtube and having a class discussion about Lutheranism and Wartburg. I thought a lot of people had many good things to say, and even though I didn't agree with everything that was said I thought as a whole my faith grew from the experience. I especially liked talking about how we perceive Wartburg as a "school of the church." The idea that Wartburg should be a school to challenge our faith more than nurture it was very eye opening to me. When I came to Wartburg I thought I would find many peers worshiping the same as me and as eager as me to test my faith in the "real world." That has not always been the case. My faith has been challenged as I am now responsible to worship on my own time and focus on what I want my faith to mean to me. I am faced with so many struggles everyday with how I want to live, and that helps me grow as a Christian. New temptations and sin come into my day all the time, and having strong faith helps me meet these challenges head on. I will further discuss this topic in my next paper about what I believe.

Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment