Sunday, November 1, 2009

The end of Cross Country '09

Last Saturday my first season as a Wartburg cross country runner came to a close at the IIAC conference meet in Waverly. It was an up and down season for me full of both slow and fast times. Being a fierce competitor in high school it was tough for me to be at the bottom end of the food chain at the college level, but I knew that my freshmen season was all about getting involved in the system so that I could know how hard to train in the off season. My legs are sore, my body is ready for a break. It will be hard watching the varsity runners keep competing, knowing that if I was good enough I would be there too. But all I can do is watch and cheer now, knowing that next season I will give it my best shot to make it into the post season as well. Getting beat by Luther at the conference meet left a bad taste in my mouth that will make me hungry for the chance to beat them again next year. I look forward to an off season full of long, slow miles and then head into a long, but extremely fun track season! I am having a blast getting to know all of the cross country people and wouldn't trade any of this for all the money in the world! I feel that I have grown as a runner as well as a person this season and it has left me with many sweet memories that I will cherish for as long as I continue to run and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment