Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Making of a Shirt that Defines Me

As I brainstorm ideas for how I want to design my shirt for the IS 101 project I look to how I live my everyday life for inspiration. I have drawn the three parts of my life that I feel describe me best: my musical talents, my running career, and my faith in Jesus. I believe that I have accurately drawn my shirt to how I live my life. On the front down the left hand side I have drawn many musical symbols. I am involved in band at Wartburg, so music is a big part of my life. Also on the front of my shirt I have a large runner with "W" for shoes. I run cross country for the Knights and so that means that I am running almost everyday. On the back of my shirt I have my name on the top to symbolize a jersey and under that I have a fish with the letters WWJD inside. My faith in Jesus has always been especially important to me and I wanted to give an ample amount of space to depict that. My sister was nice enough to let me use her art supplies and she generously taught me how to draw the fishes on the back of my shirt. I think that it was a great time to bond with my sister, because I don't get to see her much anymore... My family really loved my shirt, and it was after their praise that I felt that I should have added one more picture to my shirt, my family. My family will always be there for me and I will always be there for them. I feel that they go as a picture on my heart, instead of a white shirt.

1 comment: