Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My dog Porgi

I have a dog named Porgi. She is a mix of a pug and a corgi, thus her name being Porgi. Since I left home I have missed her greatly and look forward with massive anticipation for the next week when I get to go home and play with her. My family got Porgi when I was ten years old. I still remember the first night she was with us she wouldn't stop whining and crying, so my dad stayed up all night with her and put her to sleep with some jazz music. Porgi is my dad's dog through and through, but I think that she is starting to miss me more and spends more time with me when I am home. Porgi's younger years were spend terrorizing my brother, sister, and me and all the neighborhood kids. She comes from a herding ancestry and is extremely good at nipping at the heels of people. Since then she has settled down quite a bit and has enjoyed countless days of naps and walks around our house ( we live on about a 4 acre yard in the middle of town ) Porgi's worst enemy is the word "downstairs" and whenever some says "downstairs" she will immediately begin to bark and start scratching the door to get to the basement. That is where her mortal enemy lies: the dreaded sump pump! It is hilarious to watch her growl at it and make sure that we stay away from it unless it might attack us as well. Porgi is getting old though. She has a bad hip and isn't much good for walks nowadays and she sleeps all the time. I will miss her when she leaves us and will spend as much time as I can with her before that day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment