Monday, November 9, 2009

Global Warming

This college experience is really making me think about many opinions I have had in the past. I have always thought that global warming was a major issue to this planet, but after reading State of Fear my opinions have changed. I believe Michael Crichton to be a very smart and influential author, and I respect him very much. I also believe that Al Gore and the many environmentalists of our world are also worth my respect. But who is right and who is wrong? Both groups back themselves up with a plethora of scientific charts, graphs, and evidence to support their theories, because global warming IS a theory as of yet. I suppose I am a little more biased to side with Crichton because I am a big fan of his books, and plus I am also a Republican. Putting all funny business aside for right now, I am having trouble determining what side to go on now that I know many more facts than I used to. Environmentalists say that the world we live in may not be here in 50 years because of global warming and some argue that global warming is a myth! Everyone in this debate is educated so it is a legitimate discussion with both sides pushing against each other. In the end though I may side with the group that says global warming is an issue, because even though it may not be in reality, the cutting back on inefficient energy consumptions may save our planet 1000 years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment