Thursday, November 19, 2009

Table Tennis: A New Fad

Big chunks of my day are now laid out with one sole purpose, getting better at table tennis. Often referred to as ping pong, table tennis is a great sport and doesn't require a lot of sweating and running. Table tennis is a very inexpensive sport, paddles can cost anywhere from $5 to $50 and balls cost under $10 for a pack of six or more! More than usual I play with my pals Josh Hones and Josh Trueblood. Neither of them played much back in their respected towns, so I came into our games with a lot more field experience. I have a table back at home, and I utilized it very well. Although I usually beat up on both of them, they are getting better and our games last longer now. As Christmas presents we have even joked about getting each other new paddles! My first night at Wartburg I got beat by a person I should not have lost to. Since then I have attacked table tennis with a much needed enthusiasm that has led to many hours practicing my serves and backhands and endless nights on youtube watching professionals play each other. My knowledge has increased tremendously on this sport, and I feel that maybe someday I should enter a table tennis tournament. Even if that never happens, the memories of playing with some great friends will be beneficial for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment