Monday, September 28, 2009

Alternate Ishmael Ending

I'm sitting here reading this alternate ending to Ishmael and wondering if it's even the same author writing it! The one page ending makes me think critically, but I feel that it's in a different, almost foreign style of writing not by Mr. Quinn. And do people really want someone who is the son of God? I believe they do. I believe that is what drives each of us. The quest of knowledge that there is something else out there, something way better than what we have down here. However, Mr. Quinn goes on to say that we would want someone who is a prophet, even if they are a fake. I think what he's trying to say is that people just want something exciting to listen to, something to stir them up. I tend to get frustrated that way too, I will ask myself why can't Jesus be in our time, why can't we see the spectacular miracles that went on when he was on the earth or miracles performed by the prophets of old? I then turn to my bible, and my faith; believing and not seeing. But everyone does not have that kind of faith. Many people cannot believe without seeing. People now want tangible, scientific evidence proving the existence of the supernatural. Bumper stickers of proof. I liked the alternate ending and all and i completely agree with the bumper stick the student wants to come up with: We are the Ten Thousand Year Reich. Let it end with us. That to me stands out as a statement that we are the end of the earth. Humans are last great ruler of the world. That's a pretty daunting statement if you ask me...

No comments:

Post a Comment