Thursday, September 10, 2009

My first week of college has been a whirlwind of late nights, meeting new people, and of course, decorating my new dorm room. I have been on campus now for five days, and before that I was at cross country camp in South Dakota at Custer National Park. Getting to know the team before school started has eased me into the transition of college life. Now I know many more students on campus who are both my teammates, and my new friends. Although I am anxious and nervous for the upcoming school year, I know that I already have a ton of support from my professors and my peers as well. I am the type of guy that is used to getting over 8 hours of sleep every night and honestly, I made my way through high school without good study habits. I know that I need to step up my game at this new level of academics and am looking forward to the challenges ahead. My parents told me before I came here that "college is the time in your life where you learn the most about yourself." I feel that I already have learned a lot about myself by being here just five days! My opinions and morals will be tested, but I know that that will only make me stronger and help me to become a better person when I leave.

-Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment