Friday, September 25, 2009

Discussing Ishmael

I know that my last post was meant for today's post, but I wanted to get it out of the way so I could have Friday to just rant in this blog entry. That said and done, we as a class discussed Ishmael today in what I thought was exactly how Ishmael himself would have wanted us to. Everyone shared their opinions and thoughts on the book, and many different interpretations and ideas were expressed. Just like the book, we students were challenged to think for ourselves while listening to what others had to say on certain topics. During our small group discussion we talked about what we thought of the novel through religious and evolutionist aspects. My partners and I asked each other what we thought of the Cain and Abel portion of the story. After that I enjoyed listening to people really pick their brains for answers during out full class discussion. I didn't particularly enjoy the book Ishmael, but I felt it allowed me to question myself more and learn from new and different ideas. It was a sad ending which added a little emotion, but overall it was a rather boring read.

No comments:

Post a Comment