Sunday, September 13, 2009

Things from home

Homesick: a word used to describe many college freshmen during their first week of college. I know that I am very much homesick during my first week at Wartburg, but some items that I brought from home make it more bearable. Some of these items include a picture of my high school cross country while we are praying before a race. I have a picture of me and my best friend Danelle by my bed. My old pillow from home lays on my bed and still smells just like my old room. These three items have given me solace during these first few days at Wartburg and each instills in me a memory of my life back home. Whenever I look at these items I am left with a sense of life beyond that of Wartburg; of friends left behind, memories left back home, and relationships that will never be the same again. Hopefully I will be able to grow as a person, build on those past memories, and grow closer to new friends as well as keeping old high school friendships. The cross country picture of my teammates praying symbolizes what is still very important in my life, faith; faith not only in my God, but also in my ability to grasp the reigns of this new ride that I am taking at Wartburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment